• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

Mark Evans

Expert
So, it's time to get the 120cm out again, but the difference being, it's in someone else's house. my Aunty and uncles to be precise.

it's literally 2 minutes from me, so i can treat the tank as if it were my own. it's an impressive house, so i couldn't resist persuading them to have a 4 footer somewhere in the dwelling. :D

I'd personally love to have put it in the kitchen,

IMG_1686-01.jpg

but we decided on the conservatory, after inspecting where the sun rises and sets etc.....

IMG_1687-01.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be taken equipment down, filters lights and maybe the tank too. I went through a through aquajournals with my uncle to see what he liked, and he kinda likes what i do.

I'll be using my arcadia OTL 4 x 5wt5 for the lighting, JBL filters, nature soil substrate. stones, I'm still undecided.

more pics as i progress.

Re: Saintly's 120cm private scape

That's a nice house--it will showcase your work very well. I can't wait to see it begin.

samc said:
will you be going nature style then?

yes, but of a slower growing nature. :D

hydrophyte said:
That's a nice house--it will showcase your work very well. I can't wait to see it begin.

it is lovely, i did get the choice of where to put it too. and with every room in the house bigger than my entire house, it was a tough decision :lol:

Tank in situ, lights on site, stone their, substrate in place. :p

scapin soon!

aaronnorth said:
are you going to be using all 4 tubes?

it's possible. i've built another suspension kit, the same as what's on my 60cm. so the height will give me control again. I'm discovering more and more the great control this can give. just like the accelerator on a car.

The tank and lights stand are now installed.

I now await the tank mat and background. :D

IMG_1717-01.jpg

the MH is temporary, until i get the Arcadia suspension kit. but actually, I'm surprised at the light spread from this 150w lamp. at such a height, i could run this with just this light I reckon.

myboyshay said:
Looks great Saintly and what a home :thumbup: , what you going to do/use for the background?

cheers bud. well, the background is either going to be plain old black, or i may go for the graduated blue, which could possibly be back lit.

samc said:
oh mark what happened to your 60cm?

it lays dormant for a while. need to get this running. I'm more excited about this. i just do dry scapes now :lol:

Nice tank, and nice wallpaper. Perhaps your aunty and/or uncle works in a botany-related field, because the house has a botanical theme.

that'l be my aunty. i very creative person, but will alwyas play it down. i now nee to get the tank design spot on.

it's to be a stone arrangement, but not in the true iwagumi style. i've done too much of that recently. i feel like being a wild, but I'm also scared of messing up.

Tonser said:
A nice splash of colour against those b&w walls will work a treat.

i could incorporate the flowers i reckon :lol:

tomorrow i go to hard scape. and for the first time, I'm not short of stone :p i got my stone from MA and i've ripped down "savannah dreaming" :wideyed:

Looking forward to see this one ;)

nico said:
Looking forward to see this one ;)

thanks my friend. hopefully in a few days, i can get to it. i'm currently fighting swine flu. so, i'll let that subside, then i'll get cracking.

Start of another great journal I am sure, we should have a subforum called Marks Journals haha ;)
Keep us posted on the progress, you have a nice setting there for a great tank :)

Hi mark,
I'll be keeping on eye on this so don't let me down,and wild sounds good to me,
regards john.

john starkey said:
I'll be keeping on eye on this so don't let me down,and wild sounds good to me,

cheers John, wild scares me :wideyed: not sure which way I'm going with it TBH.

defo, no wood.

Back