• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Run through on planned equipment...

Fisher2007

Been a while since I posted on here as my plans for a new tank unfortunately stalled but are now back on track and gathering momentum. For now I was hoping for some input/critique regarding various points and equipment

So the plan is a low ish tech system following the same lines to what I have now (which is an aqua nano 40 (55 litres) and an aqua nano 60 (100 litres) both planted (javas, nubias, moss, easy stuff) using the standard rear chamber filters and illuminated by a non standard chihiros A series light. No CO2 but daily liquid carbon dosing and a small amount of ferts daily too. Both flourishing and have been running for 3/4 years

New tank will be (and replaces the aqua nano 60);
- 1400mm long x 400mm wide x 450mm deep - braceless, 12mm glass and opti white front and side panels
- Oase biomaster thermo filter - thinking a single 600 but have also been told I would be better with 2 x 350's or even 2 x 600's?
- Glass lily pipes
- Aquatic soil base capped with sand or fine gravel. Not sure on hardscape yet
- Thinking I'll stick with the chihiros A series lights but open to suggestions too. Right now though, and given the length of the tank, I'm thinking I'll use 3 or 4 separate 400mm A series lights but turn them 180 degrees (so rather than the light running parallel with the length of the tank they will sit front to back). I've tried this on the aqua nano 60 I have (using the light of the aqua nano 40) and it works well
- Lastly, and going against the grain a bit, I plan to use glass lids! I know it seems a shame on a braceless system but this follows the same design as the aqua nanos I have and doesn't detract too much in my eyes. The benefits to me out way the negatives (no fish jumping out and limited condensation in the house). The lids will sit within the perimeter of the tank on stainless hooks - probably 2 or 3 individual pieces of opti white glass. Happy for anyone to try and convince me otherwise though

Think that's it for now. Like I say, open to thoughts, suggestions, critique

Cheers

Back