• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rummynose tetras & Rainbowfish Splendida

TDI-line

Hi all,

i've added a small shoal of rummynose tetras (100) to my tank recently, and i'm thinking about adding 4 Melanotaenia splendida inornata, which are of the Rainbowfish family (i think) from my lfs. These are quite large, probably around 3-4" long, and have a delicate pattern running through there yellow body.

I was just after some views on mixing, and wether to keep the tank as a one species shoal or maybe the 4 large fish would keep the tetras on there feet.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Dan.

http://www.israquarium.co.il/Fish/Rainb ... rnata.html

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5680

Yeah, that's how i'm kinda of thinking. A big shoal is nice, but i always feel there is something missing.

Even when i had 200 harlequin's before, it just wasn't right in such a large tank. Maybe i'm reading to much into this. :?

Gorgeous looking fish. The first few descriptions of it I googled all said it grew to 12-15cm though (about 5-6"), so you might want to look a bit harder at that depending on how big your tank is.

My 'rule' (it's just a personal thing) for stocking my tanks is that I don't keep any fish that will grow longer than 1/10 of the tank length at their maximum size - once they go over that size it just looks wrong to me - but as I said, that's just what I like - not a written recommendation :D .

If you've got the tank space for them I think they'd get on great with rummies (and probably even smaller tetras).

Mark

TDI-line said:
Thanks Mark.

The tank is 200 x 60 x 60 cm, and holds 720 litres. So hopefully they'd be ok. :D

NICE!! :D (green with envy)

I mis-read your first post as 10 rummy noses :!:

Mark

Back