• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! RSS Feeds in Microsoft Outlook

Hi All,

Before the revamp of the webside I had started to use RSS Feeds integrated with Outlook (Microsofts Email Program) to keep track of posts in the UKAPS Forums. The RSS Feeds used to pop up showing the title of the posted thread and then it gave a snippet of the post that had been made.

When the new website was launched my RSS Feed turned off (because the hyperlink had been changed), I located the updated hyperlink and entered it into my Outlook RSS Feeds and now I receive emails to advise that forum posts have been made, however it no longer gives you a snippet of what is written within the post/thread so its pretty much useless.

I hope you understand what Im going on about?!? :confused:
I wondered whether this is something that can be altered?

The new RSS feed does not give the extra text, I will look at the options to see if that can be changed, but I am not sure it will be possible, now it will give you just the title and a link.

Just had a quick look and there was no options to change the RSS feed, however there was a addon to resolve this issue which I have now installed so you should now get the post content on the RSS feed also.

Just tested it on my Outlook and works a treat.

Back