• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

root tabs

nickmcmechan

I often use root tabs for my mass of crypts, swords and stem plants

however, the ferka ones that AE sell are out of stock and will be for a while - any suggestions on cost effective ones for regular use

(i already have jbl balls and tpn+ tabs in the substrate, this is really for regular micros and Fe)

Do you dose the water column at all? I ask because there may be enough ferts available to your plants for you to not yo have to use root tabs.

Dave.

aaronnorth said:
the TPN+ capsules will provide everything the plants need.

thanks, the TPN+ ones are pricy though...ouch! I had them figured for slow release ferts and the ferka for quick snack? Maybe over kill I guess?

Dave Spencer said:
Do you dose the water column at all? I ask because there may be enough ferts available to your plants for you to not yo have to use root tabs.

Dave.

yep, using TPN+ in the water column

interesting, i tested nitrate before my water change yesyerday and measure ~80ppm, whereas before, on the same dosing regime, I measured 120ppm...this is in line with the increase in plant growth

Provided you keep the water column fertilised (and TPN+ is well regarded for this), you shouldn`t need to mess around with root tabs. Having said that, I think some find TPN+ a little light on P, but I can`t speak from experience on this.

Dave.

Back