• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roma 240 pre-drilled fittings

Dibob

Seedling
Hi,

So after a long hiatus from fishkeeping/aquascaping i've finally found the space and time to get back into things. Mainly because via a friend of a friend i was offered a Fluval Roma 240 tank and cabinet foc as said friend was moving abroad. All good it seemed, however when the tank, cabinet, filter and various odds and ends were kindly delivered the owner had decided to remove the factory fitted fittings from the pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the tank to avoid any damage while in transit. Whilst i understand why he did this, and i've happily re-fitted the parts, i've naturally got some concerns about the integrity of a critical part of the setup.

I've tightened the fittings as tight as i can by hand, being reluctant to use any tools for fear of damaging the glass, but i was wondering if anyone has any experience of having to re-fit these parts in any capacity? My next line of thought was to additionally seal the fittings with silicone to provide an extra level of sealant, however i'm very conscious about continuing on this journey if in all likelihood i'm going to face tank integrity issues now or further down the line.

Any advice massively appreciated!

I've no specific experience of this particular tank, but as a general rule of thumb, I'd always apply liberal amounts of aquarium silicone to any through-hole fittings in an aquarium along with ensuring any re-used washers and fittings are thoroughly cleaned and not perished or damaged in any way.

Back