• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roma 200 scape and Cat litter

youmustcomply

I have just re-done my tank with cat litter. I was having huge problems with algae and hope I now have the right balance between flow, nutrients and co2. Time will tell.

Tank - 200 Litre Fluval roma 200
Lighting - T5HO 2 x 39w
Ferts - EI
CO2 - 5KG FE with solenoid
Filter - Eheim 2075
flow - 2x Hydor koralia Nanos

photo.jpg

Comments please.

Thought I would post an update.
This is day 8 - Just before a slight trim.

Day8.jpg

However water got into the hood and the ballast went pop! No lighting until I get a new ballast.

Wow !!! Is that Hygrophila Difformis that you have there on the rear right background. Really nice growth!! Congratulations!!! I think it looks very nice there. A nice cozy jungle.

I do believe it is Hygrophila Difformis, I do plan on experimenting with some carpeting plants once i know i wont get algae!
I now have light again, and I'm guessing that the plants will need a few days to recover.

I really like this mate, you should be real proud.

Its like a jungle edge, I think remove the wood you no, maybe have that whole area dwarf hairgrass, would look amazing you know.

It's getting better looking everyday, in a couple more weeks it really will be a jungle.

That's such an amazing growth there in a span of just 8 days. I agree with Nayr88,.....dwarf hair grass would like really nice there.

Thanks! I bought 4 bags, however i had loads left. Im pretty sure i would of got awa\y with about 2.5 so 3..
But at £2.80 a bag, i cant argue.

Back