• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rocky shore

The Ricca growth has surprised me I basically filled some cholla wood with the riccia and placed it in the tank and trim once in a while. When I got the weeping moss it had a yellow tinge and didn't grow much at first, but now it growing well too, Here's a picture I took it while the tank lights were off. I only attached a small bit to the top of the wood about 1/5th of what's there now. the rest of the weeping moss in the bottom of the tank isn't growing as quickly as the bit close to the light.

20161204_233031.jpg

Looks well ☺ I have it in one tank & although took time to establish grows very well. I added it to another recently & find the same with it making slow progress the further from the light!

Had my heater fail which caused the temperature in the tank to rise to 28 degrees :mad: this didn't bother the plants but I lost lots of mt CRBs :arghh:

On a plus not a won an auction and got my hands on a A Plus series led light which has had a very positive affect on my plants.

20170201_140208.jpg
20170201_140102.jpg
20170201_140214.jpg

After the weeping moss taking over my tank I've decided to change things round a bit. I've gotten rid of the wood. I've got a few new plants turning up and am going to be getting some more shrimp. Not sure where to get the shrimp from now that sharnbrook shrimp have gone.

20170515_145553.jpg

Back