• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rocket killifish scape

Sprayman60

Hello all

Been after these rocket killifish for a while and finally got my hands on some! There was a betta in this scape but I decided to rescape and start fresh. All plants were already in there or a few trimming from my other tanks. The only new ones were added hair grass.

I will update the list of equipment when I get chance but I'm going to start the journal now.

Would of liked the wood slightly off centre but can always adjust

there is rotala tucked in at the back so definitely looking forward to seeing this grow, might not work out if the background is bare in the middle but ill figure that out when its time
20221201_215337.jpg
20221201_215424.jpg
20221201_215431.jpg

Such beautiful fish too. Always grab my attention if I see them in a store.

Agreed on the floating plants, will bring the scape together.

Such beautiful fish too. Always grab my attention if I see them in a store.

Agreed on the floating plants, will bring the scape together.
I would suggest some floating plants, Annulatus like lots of cover, and it provides places to feed and spawn.
Good luck.
John
Hi all,

<"Definitely for me">. I kept them (in a much bigger tank) through <"numerous generations">. Basically <"the more cover the better">.

2013-09-03135437_zps583b809e-jpg.17379

I'd also drop the water level, they are very surface orientated, so depth doesn't bother them, but <"they can jump a long way">.

cheers Darrel
Thanks for the feedback yes I'd agree on the floating plants. Will get some ordered as I don't think I can get them local. I've red root floaters in there for now and I've put some rotala trimmings in so they have cover.

There is a lid on there already so that's why the water level is high.

From what I've seen so far they are mostly at the top but the use the space quite often aswell. Would of liked then in my 70L but there's no lid!

Back