• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Rock "rough" 50l hardscape

Yanee

Hey everyone!
I ve just put together this rock hardscape. Question is: plain rocks with plants or rocks with roots(2d pic palm brush twiggs) and plants? I can't decide. I appreciate all advice, help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_170545.jpg
    IMG_20210303_170545.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 569
  • IMG_20210303_171004.jpg
    IMG_20210303_171004.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 315
Thank you, guys. I m gonna stay with the first version, plain rocks and plants. I can use those little twiggs later in the future. I ve ordered the plants already. Today I try to move the hardscape to the aquarium.

I moved my hardscape to the tank. That was just few hours to put them together piece by piece and also glue them(superglue+cigarette's filter). I did change the middle "island", I think it s better like this. Also the 2 paths are more winding.

Attachments

• IMG_20210304_122428.jpg
    IMG_20210304_122428.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 269
Superb! Oh those lines to the back either side of the island are at just the right angle and width.
Also looking forward to seeing this.

looks good, if you have a rock or two spare I'd try and build up the right hand side so it mirrors the left hand side a bit more in height, see how that looks.
I like the sand as well, what type is it?

Are you going to leave some pathways between the rock?.
I left that 2 paths to run towards to the back corners. Also I left some space between some of the rocks. The middle have been filled up with JBL Manado soil.
looks good, if you have a rock or two spare I'd try and build up the right hand side so it mirrors the left hand side a bit more in height, see how that looks.
I like the sand as well, what type is it?
Thank you, Tim. You are right. My plan was that, build up both side higher. I had just only the left side piece that high. I didn't have heart to break to make shorter piece, also I checked the aquatic shops around me and they didn't have much rocks on stock. Finally I found the right side piece (3kgs). And now they already are glued together, and almost all the plants are in. I know the mirror effect might be better, but I m happy with it.
The sand is mixture. Wave fine quartz white, which is much more greyish with brown pieces, and I mixed with light brown sand from Maidenhead aquatic (10kgs).

Dear @Tim Harrison , I have to say a big thank you about the mirror effect thoughth! Whole weekend I just clicked on it. How can I have piece to make higher the right corner, where can I buy piece of stone, because I had left just some smallers....
And today my tank looks like this:

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_160506.jpg
    IMG_20210308_160506.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 230
Nice! Without the plants you had me looking for the Mandalorian! Loved the setup even before the plants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Without the plants you had me looking for the Mandalorian! Loved the setup even before the plants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your Mandalorian compliment, because I love Star Wars!!

Dear @Tim Harrison , I have to say a big thank you about the mirror effect thoughth! Whole weekend I just clicked on it. How can I have piece to make higher the right corner, where can I buy piece of stone, because I had left just some smallers....
And today my tank looks like this:
Looking good Yanee 👍

Back