• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rock advise please..

Smelly28

Seedling
Hey All,

I live in the forest of Dean, I have been toying with the idea of changing the Aquascape in my 275 ltr Cube tank, Making it more of a local theme. The local rock is Pennant Sandstone and I was wondering if anyone can advise me whether this is safe to use in my tank? Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

1280px-Bixslade_Quarry.jpg

Hi all,
.......I live in the forest of Dean, I have been toying with the idea of changing the Aquascape in my 275 ltr Cube tank, Making it more of a local theme. The local rock is Pennant Sandstone and I was wondering if anyone can advise me whether this is safe to use in my tank? Thanks for taking the time to have a look.
Yes it is fine.

All geologically <"old rocks are pretty hard">, so even Carboniferous age limestones don't dissolve very much. The Pennant sandstones are the "upper coal measures" on the linked map, so just over 300,000,000 years old.

cheers Darrel

Like Darrel mentioned they will be fine, they are resistant to erosion and used in construction.
They are unlikely to alter your water parameters much, especially if you perform regular water changes.

Back