• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

RO water going stagnant?

Emyr

Hi Everyone,

I have recently started using RO water in my 60L. I was planning on buying 100L of RO water in containers so that I wouldn't have to keep going back to the shop. However my LFS told me that RO will go stagnant after about a week and so is no point in keeping that much is best to keep coming into the shop for he fresh RO. He said that if you put a powerhead in the containers then it would be fine. Thoughts, suggestions? does it really go stagnant that quickly?

Thanks.

I've used a water butt to store my RO water in and never had problems using it in planted tanks and delicate soft water and Tangyikan Cichlids. If you're worried then stick an airstone in the days before you use the water to stir it up and test for ammonia maybe, but I wouldn't expect a problem in a clean container.

Ed Seeley said:
I've used a water butt to store my RO water in and never had problems using it in planted tanks and delicate soft water and Tangyikan Cichlids. If you're worried then stick an airstone in the days before you use the water to stir it up and test for ammonia maybe, but I wouldn't expect a problem in a clean container.

If all else fails keep it moveing 24/7 :D

Back