• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Riverbed Valley

Rosco

Seedling
Hi Guys, so after my first ever aquascape here. I can say, i've well and truly got the bug. I was pleased with my first attempt, but due to re-carpeting the house, I had to close it all down and start again. Which meant a re-scape!

With this scape I want to create some layers.

Aquarium:
Dimensions: 100cm x 45cm x 45cm - 180L

Lighting:
2x30W T8 6500K DayLight (1pm-9pm - 8h)
Juwel reflectors

CO2:
5bps (12pm-8pm - 8h)
2kg Fire Extinguisher
CO2Art Dual Stage Regulator and Solenoid Magnetic Valve
Intense Inline CO2 Atomizer Diffuser System

Filter:
TetraTec EX1200
Hydor 200w External Heater

Filter Media:
3 different sizes of foam
2 trays of Biohome Ultra Sintered Glass Media

Substrate:
18kg CaribSea - Eco-complete Planted

Hardscape:
Many kg of grey pillar rock

Plants:
Alternanthera rosaefolia mini
Cardamine lyrata (Japanese cress)
Cryptocoryne parva (Tiny cryptocoryne)
Cryptocoryne beckettii
Cryptocoryne petchii
Tropica Micranthemum 'Monte-Carlo'
Eleocharis acicularis (dwarf hairgrass)
Echinodorus martii (Ruffled amazon sword)
Anubias Petite
Anubias nana Bonsai

Last edited:
I started by creating some mounds in each of the corners, this was done by filling some tights with pebbles / stones from B&Q, I did lots of research on what stones were best, as to not alter the PH of the tank.

stones.jpg

On top of these piles of pebbles, I started pouring my substrate Caribsea Eco-Complete. 18kg of substrate, the water you can see in the tank is the water that the substrate is packaged with, it is supposed to aid the cycling of the tank.

On top of this I started placing rocks until I was happy with the layout.

rocks.jpg

Next to go in was the sand, this was 10kg of JBL Sansibar River Sand. I actually only used about 7kg of this.

sand.jpg

Once filled with water, pumps, lights and CO2 on. This is 10 days in. Still some more planting to come to fill the background.
Happy that most of the plants have settled in and starting new growth.

The red scewers are there just to keep the Monte Carlo in place while it attaches roots.

10days.jpg

10days2.jpg

Back