• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River/stream Iwagumi - 90P

Your carpet looks quite dense. Is there any technique to push root tabs through such a carpet? Especially in the areas where you have Cuba (substrate is not even visible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I like to do is to push the pointy ends of a tweezer into the substrate before inserting a Tropica root tab and then gently "massage" the area around the insertion to compact the soil around the tap beneath the carpet. Don´t know if I would call it a technique, but it makes it easier to push it deep and makes sure it stays in :)

Happy to finally be able to share. Ranked in at 79th place at IAPLC, which was much more than I could've hoped for, with such a 'simple' layout.
Congratulations to all participants!
P1019003 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations.

Beautiful looking tank, congratulations. How have the brownie ghost come along?
Thank you!

The Buces turned out decent enough. Nothing like the purple brownies you see on the forums though. I say it looks like a slightly smaller version of the "red" from Tropica. Kedagang has much more interesting shape/color in my opinion.
To be fair, a lot of those purple buces you see online are highly manipulated by either very very purple intensive lightning, to the point everything gets a purple hue, or some serious post editing.
Solar RGB is not the best light for showing of purples tho 🙂

Congratulations, judging was obviously biased lol, tank looks stunning for what its worth.
Thank you!

To be completely honest - I've seen plenty of scapes sub 100 that was much more deserving of "Winning works" than mine this year. Nevertheless its given me some motivation for next year 🙂

Back