• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rili ridge

Ian Holdich

This is my kitchen nano tank. Whole 14 ltrs!

The tank is a p@h lead free nano tank. It has been my holding tank for a while, it was a mess, so got the orders from the ball and chain to either get rid or clean it up!

It's gonna have my Rili shrimp in it that I purchased from aquatics live.

Here's a couple of pics (iPhone pics)

8249274621_200e2f4c0f.jpg
Nano2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

8249274691_11978af8dc.jpg
Nano by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

it was a mess, so got the orders from the ball and chain to either get rid or clean it up!

I wish my ball & chain would give me a bad time about things like that! Mine seems to be at the opposite end of that spectrum. "you're only bothered about your fish tank, blah, blahdi, blah" :lol:

Getting sick of looking at all these great nanos now that people seem to have just knocked up over night. I wish I hadn't went down the road of using an old clear seal tank I had lying about now and got a nano cube I had chance of a while back. Soon as these RCS get to a decent size I think I'll transfer them to my main tank and get a cube setup on the go after Christmas.

Nice looking tank aswell mate :thumbup: is it heated?

@Troi, Thanks, shoud look better when the rotala has grown in at the back. The light is a TMC aquaray 100 led. Gives a real crisp look.

@ Iain, cheers mate, as above, it's a really nice light, have used it on all my nano scrapes and haven't had any problems. It's rated at 9000k so its really crisp.

@ Averagewhitebloke, thank you, the ball and chain isn't to bad tbh, she puts up with a lot from me! Lol
The tank won't be heated, it's right next to the boiler, so stays a nice 23 degrees.

@ Jack, cheers, will get a quick vid of the light in the tank, so you get a more real look/see at the light.

I never cease to be amazed how you can create a scape in ten minutes flat and it looks like its been growing for three months Ian. I reckon you were secretly working on this since August ! :lol: Either way, it looks a lovely new home for your rili's. They are cracking shrimp, quite possibly my favourite actually. What light are you using and what filter ? Really nice work mate :thumbup:

Thanks chris! It's been running for about a week now.

Here's a vid of the light

The light looks the part, I tried to google it but couldn't find your exact unit, how much are they and what do you get?

Layout looks cracking too

Looks cracking Ian, loving the hardscape. The growth on the stems at the back looks superb!

Light is really nice actually. I've seen these on display at my local, but they didn't seem as bright and looked almost blue.
But loving the sharp edges it creates.

Nice dedicated Rili tank :thumbup:
nayr88 said:
The light looks the part, I tried to google it but couldn't find your exact unit, how much are they and what do you get?

Layout looks cracking too

Here you go Ryan :
http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/ ... -4112.html

That's brilliant thanks for the link, really surprised at the price, was expecting double that

jack-rythm said:
do you guys think that light will do a 450mm cube? if not do they do a bigger version?

No they don't do a specific larger version. You'll be moving towards a 400 tile. Ideally though, you'll want a 1000ND. I've got one over my 600mm but I've got another one waiting for when i get a cabinet sorted. Cos the 2 won't fit on the brackets on the rim.

Hi Ian,

I've got what I think is the older version of that light from TMC that came with the pico tank on the PFK subs a year ago. It's 16 LED's but in a diamond not a square.

Admittedly i've not pushed it very far and only had it on my CRS low intensity plant tank (also a P@H cube). But I was under the impression it was low intensity plant light....

Got any photos of the range of plants you have had growing under it? I'm musing over what lights to use when I start my Triptych of 30cm cubes and i'd all but written off this type.

Thanks,
John

Sounds interesting john, what sort of triptych you doing? I currently a working on a triptych, check out my link.

Nath, think I found the 1000ND light :) looks sweet.

I have used it of about a year now, it was first put on this scape

6929223077_f93664577c.jpg
snap shot by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Everything grew fine, I don't have a par meter, so can't measure the par. I wouldn't use it on anything above 20ltrs though. It has been used in low tech and high tech, I ran c02 on the above scape for about 4 weeks at the beginning and then just got bus and forgot about the tank tbh. I bought some stems in from the Far East which wiped my small amount of shrimp out, I let it do its own thing then.
The light John had was actually the newer version of this light which I have read wasn't actually as good.

Ian Holdich said:
I have used it of about a year now, it was first put on this scape

6929223077_f93664577c.jpg
snap shot by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Everything grew fine, I don't have a par meter, so can't measure the par. I wouldn't use it on anything above 20ltrs though. It has been used in low tech and high tech, I ran c02 on the above scape for about 4 weeks at the beginning and then just got bus and forgot about the tank tbh. I bought some stems in from the Far East which wiped my small amount of shrimp out, I let it do its own thing then.
The light John had was actually the newer version of this light which I have read wasn't actually as good.

Ah that would explain it.

I do have an PAR meter but it underestimates LED's a fair bit. Even then it shows possibly 10 to 15 at the substrate under my micro LED. I do like it for the no hassle nature of the growth for anubias and ferns but for my new idea I want something I can grow carpetting stuff under.

hmm....

Back