• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Rili' RCS or just bad genes?

Stiphodon

Seedling
Hi all,

I've noticed for a while now that a few of my shrimp, mostly males, are more translucent or have translucent patches. They are the second generation coming from one female. A female 'rili' is now berried (makes it easier to see the eggs lol). I was wondering if I should remove the shrimp/sell/move them on depending on if they are bad genes or the rili variant? Honestly I prefer the full cherry red shrimp and would rather not have a bunch of this other type in the tank.

pUEOJpY.jpg

Males are generally less colourful than females - it's an all over thing rather than patches though. The bands like that are rili - if you don't want those then yes, removing any you don't like the look of will help limit the amount that show with that pattern overtime.

Thanks for the confirmation! And yeah I was aware of the males being less colourful, however a couple have bands like this but not as obvious. I will isolate them in a breeder net for the time being.
Would anyone be interested in them who is near/in Coventry or around there? Probably best for the water parameters being the same. If not I will offer to my LFS.

Back