• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rhinogobius ID please

BrysonZheng

Title says all.
f6e51d2dcfa9fdea004498a0bca7f6e2.jpg
823c70cdf67a168712d489d1639c840b.jpg
646f2fe295f06df4ed37c7019ce1b45e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say most likely duospilus,if you're on facebook you could try messaging Jutta Bauer for a definitive id as she's a well known expert :)

Wait there are many Jutta Bauer’s on Facebook, what does her profile look like?

There are so many species in the duospilus complex now and a lot get imported under the name duospilus (wui) but often aren't which is why I like to have a good look through new batches in my lfs.
Recently picked up leavelli labelled up as duospilus which for me was a nice find :D

There are so many species in the duospilus complex now and a lot get imported under the name duospilus (wui) but often aren't which is why I like to have a good look through new batches in my lfs.
Recently picked up leavelli labelled up as duospilus which for me was a nice find :D

Oo nice! This one I have was a bit of an impulse, my lfs had it come in as bycatch with some hillstream loaches I believe. I had an empty tank that just finished cycling and I slapped an extra large filter for the flow and it’s doing great! This bugger has been digging all my stuff out though haha.

Yep they do a lot of digging lol probably not ideal for a carefully scaped tank :lol: you could try putting a small cave or flat piece of stone somewhere for him and hopefully he'll take up residence there rather than randomly digging lol just be careful it can't flatten him though if he digs out underneath it.

Yep they do a lot of digging lol probably not ideal for a carefully scaped tank :lol: you could try putting a small cave or flat piece of stone somewhere for him and hopefully he'll take up residence there rather than randomly digging lol just be careful it can't flatten him though if he digs out underneath it.

Yeah I had a bit of a cave I made myself but then he destroyed that. :( I think I’ll try again soon and make the cave better! Would it be detrimental if there was no cave at all?

They have simple tastes lol a nice deep food grade plastic lid with a small section cut out seems to be favoured by mine for breeding but that's not very aesthetically pleasing :(

If he was female caves are less of an issue as they tend to spend more time just sitting in the open but he's probably going o keep trying to find somewhere.

They have simple tastes lol a nice deep food grade plastic lid with a small section cut out seems to be favoured by mine for breeding but that's not very aesthetically pleasing :(

Yeah it isn’t haha! I think what I’ll do is superglue some dragon-stone into a plexiglass cave shape!

If he was female caves are less of an issue as they tend to spend more time just sitting in the open but he's probably going o keep trying to find somewhere.

I think it’s a male, it puffs out cheeks at reflections and seems to be pretty territorial, chases away a stiphodon whenever it sees it.

Mine has that little blue shiny tip on his dorsal too! But the color doesn’t match up. Maybe it’s a different species or it hasn’t settled in enough?

Back