• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rheophillic nano fish ideas?

Nont

Hi guys,

I’m currently planning to set up a new tank. Can anyone recommend a high flow fish that isn’t white cloud or danio, so that I can increase the flow without bothering the fish?

The tank will be 60x30x38cm with carpet of either Lileopsis or Helanthium and giant Echinodorus in the middle, similar to the barthii sword tank by Tropica at Interzoo. Of course, fish will be in qt tank for the time being.

Hi guys,

I’m currently planning to set up a new tank. Can anyone recommend a high flow fish that isn’t white cloud or danio, so that I can increase the flow without bothering the fish?

The tank will be 60x30x38cm with carpet of either Lileopsis or Helanthium and giant Echinodorus in the middle, similar to the barthii sword tank by Tropica at Interzoo. Of course, fish will be in qt tank for the time being.
Microrasbord kubotai or chela spring to mind.

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a high flow fish that isn’t white cloud or danio, so that I can increase the flow without bothering the fish?
I haven't kept them, but <"Aspidoras pauciradiatus"> (Corydoras (lineage 5) pauciradiatus) are meant to <"enjoy high flow">, they might be difficult to find and aren't the easiest to keep.

Of the Corydoras spp. I have kept <"Corydoras panda"> (Corydoras (lineage 9) panda) are fine (prefer?) a tank with some flow and are not too big.

I'd actually guess that most of the smaller Corydoras spp. would do.
with carpet of either Lileopsis or Helanthium
The carpet might be an issue with Corydoras spp., if you want complete coverage?

cheers Darrel

Back