• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Returning member

Ajm200

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a member of the group for years but I haven’t been on the forum for a few years. I had a 5ftx2ftx2ft tank and a couple of smaller ones when I first joined. I had lots of help and encouragement during the setup and the disasters that followed while I experimented with high-tech. I grew lots of algae, gassed fish trying to fix it before deciding low-tech would be easier in such a huge tank. After a while it stabilised and ran with minimal intervention from me. A jungle like mixture of ferns, crypts and swords grew quite happily. Water changes and filter maintenance became less demanding and I didn’t want to mess it up so I had less to contribute here.

i’m back for a bit of revision to update my knowledge as I have a smaller new tank to run for 6 months. This is a low budget project with a dirt substrate, budget led light and high stocking level as I have to bring all the fish across into 75% smaller tank. It is only 120l and much shallower so will present new challenges as more light will be reaching the substrate but it will be easier to scape.

Back