• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return to Tanks: 45cm CubeScape

Hi
Its not too late yet.Your plants are all attached to hardscape.
It seems you can take hardscape out and redo the substrate bagging the aquasoil in filter bags or just cap everything with thicker layer of sand.As is new setup it won't be a biggie to disturb it all.
Regards Konstantin

Hi
Its not too late yet.Your plants are all attached to hardscape.
It seems you can take hardscape out and redo the substrate bagging the aquasoil in filter bags or just cap everything with thicker layer of sand.As is new setup it won't be a biggie to disturb it all.
Regards Konstantin
I had read about the bag idea, yeah it's only a few crypts that are in the soil so I might move to that. Thanks for the help.

Also now I've got it in I am thinking it might have been more effective visually if I had have added a large flatish rock, wood on that, then topped around it with sand, soil between the branches to selectively grow crypts. Seems a little flat as an outcrop.

Oh well happy to learn as I go, this is my biggest effort yet so I'm at peace with a few issues.

Episode 9: Explosive Growth... Of algae

Its been a little while, unfortunately I got some Oto's from the LFS, and had some huge issues, poor guys looked like there was both White Spot and a bacterial, and unfortunately I couldn't manage to save them. White spot also infected the Tetras, but they ended up ok after a round of treatment. Sad days in the tank.

Still, had some explosive growth of... algae, staghorn just went mental, I think this was partly because I was dosing medication, and missed a water change, removed the Activated Carbon from my filter (for the medication also) and missed a clean on that. So im dosing Flourish Excel (don't have ex carbon or whatever the alternate is called) and it seems to be reducing after removing a bunch manually. Still a pain, and got way worse than this, also added some floaters, got to work out a good way to keep them in the corner better.
Fishtank-17.jpg

Back