• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return to aquascaping - 270L (oddn0ise)

Day 15. Have just introduced a little Hemianthus callitrichoides hope it settles alongside the Eleocharis acicularis, not sure they both will work together, so will have to wait and see.
And just started to dose a little EasyCarbo until I can get a gas refill going. And a little EasyLife Profito, Kalium, and Fosfo... just very small amounts for starters.

IMG_1325.jpg

Have got the CO2 all set-up and running smoothly with gas from London Gases. And just increasing the EasyLife ferts a little.
Some swapped plants from the forum have just arrived and have just dropped them in for now, to see if they will settle.

Day 22
IMG_1388.jpg

Day 30.
Just increasing the ferts dosage very slightly, have increased the intensity of the LEDs a little to 95%, and the CO2 is running for 1hr before lights on.
Eleocharis is starting fill out and the shrimps are re-appearing and they are more vibrant in colour since feeding them Spirulina granules.

IMG_1422.jpg

Amazing. If my tank that I am setting up just now looks half as good as that tank I will be happy.

Cheers Grant.
Here's how things are progressing. Eleocharis is settling down and spreading nicely. Java fern is slow to regain momentum, as are the Crypts but they'll get going in the end.
I used to feed my fish, previously, once a week, but the new Glowlights seem constantly hungry. So have increased to every other day. I have put Purigen into the filter to clean things up and will see how that goes. More shrimps seem to be appearing and the spirulina feed is getting them to a strong red colour.

Here's day 37.

IMG_1438.jpg

The hairgrass is settling in just fine and spreading well. But there are patches of black tufts of algae on the top of the Crispatula and the Java fern doesn't look to be settling in that well. The Anubias are also getting black algae on the leaves you can see it on the older leaves. Have cut the lighting down by an hour, but lets see how things progress.
Can count at least 50 very red shrimps, now.

Have cut the lighting back a little, have cleaned all the stones that got covered in algae.
The inlet is now a spray bar and the crypts are growing well now. Still a lot of snails around but am keeping them under control, manually plucking them out.
The Java fern is finally coming back to life too and have added a heater for winter just so the temp doesn't go too low.

Day 125
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 22.20.02.png

Who’s on your algae crew?

Also photoperiod and CO2 and fertilizers and maintenance???

Or maybe you’re just reporting and not soliciting opinions ;)

If it’s just the green on the stones, some Stiphodon species will see that off (check which species are available locally, then refer to Seriously Fish species profiles re suitability to your aquarium conditions)

Back