• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return of the urge

orxe87

Hello everybody!

Returning aquascaper here. Used to have a 180L planted tank a long, long time ago and dabbled with early dry powder EI, CO2 (old Victor welding regulator, home-made reactors and so on), but never really got the tank algae-free and gave up after probably five years battling BBA. The urge never left though so after over a decade's break to recover I got the urge again and I'm back at it. I've now had a 35cm cube for about 10 months or so. Lots of new plants that weren't around (or available) when I was first at it - it's great to see how much the hobby has advanced in terms of tech, supply and ease of use, never mind YouTube as a source of learning. All good fun!

Started off with this cube wanting a low energy system byt the light was simply too dim to see properly so added a DIY 20W floodlight - and of course had a nice outbreak of thread algae as a result (ongoing but I'm winning, it's nearly gone). Throroughly enjoying it again. and now need to add CO2 to counter the light, which means more ferts, so I'm probably going back to EI... full circle!

Anyway, hi all and thanks for being such a good resource. I doubt I'll post too often but I'll be happily consuming the vast knowledge here nd will contribute when I can.

Just about to do a big prune/re-plant. Anyone want any crypts (maybe wendtii 'Green'? Not certain...) or a sprig or two of pogostemmon helferi? I'll happily post some out if anyone would like some.

Off to post a rant in the Filters forum next... :)

Colin

Good luck. I’m awaiting my first tank in 10+ years having been a fish keeper since childhood. I’ve just retired

Back