• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Return of the Shallow

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I've given up on finding a taller tank with decent silicone work that fits my IKEA hacked stand, well at least for now, and have brought the shallow back in to service.

This decision is in no small measure also due to my recent visit to Destination Aquatics in Bedfordshire where I found a great peace of DW; a eucalyptus root.
Time to start scaping again:D

35239116490_0f787f9b12_b.jpg

Wow! That's a unique find! Perfect for this dimension.. And Eucalyptus root? Interesting, never seen it around.. Does it make the tank smell like Wrigleys spearmint when soaked?... That would be a surprice..

Absolutely one of a kind piece. :) Been looking for something like that since i'm back in the hobby.. Perfect for a cave dwelling/breeding sp. like Apistograma or kribs, with the cave as focal point smack in the middle. This realy could be a spectacular display with breeding apisto's.. With some nice emersed growth on it ofcourse. Can't wait to see how this developes.

Thanks Marcel, I'm kind of envisioning the root embedded in rock, but it's a tricky manoeuvre to pull of so it looks convincingly natural.

With that piece it is.. :) In genral finding pieces that fit together.. Mother nature takes decades to make it look like what we try to acheive in a few weeks.
TreeOnBoulder8613ForestScene.jpg

I don't think you need look for another tank. Everything you have there looks like it came part of a kit. Very nice.

With that piece it is.. :) In genral finding pieces that fit together.. Mother nature takes decades to make it look like what we try to acheive in a few weeks.
Nice image, thanks for posting...quite inspirational really. I'm doing my best to imitate Mother Nature...not sure if I'm succeeding tho':rolleyes:
Thanks, It was love at first sight:smug:
Wow, that looks great.
What are the tank dimensions?
Thank you, the tank is only 60x40x25(h)cm
I don't think you need look for another tank. Everything you have there looks like it came part of a kit. Very nice.
:) thanks...I think they were made for one another;)
I've just got a great stump from there :).
I thought I saw you ducking down hiding,trying to avoid me :rage: :lol:.
Haha...no way:p
What've you got planned Neil?

If replicating nature is your goal I think you've pretty much smashed it there. Looks like everything grew there.

This looks like it's going to be a stunner. The way you've placed the rocks does look very natural and uncontrived. What substrate are you going for?

Back