• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resun EF 2800

Millns84

So I've been looking for a large canister (or two) for my Juwel Rio 450 for what seems like forever. I'd come to the conclusion that two of the new Aquael Ultramax filters would probably be best.

Then, to throw a spanner in the works, I was browsing amazon and came across a Resun EF 2800 on a silly deal for £65... I'd previously seen them for £190 so I just went for it.

Now awaiting delivery, quite interested to see how much of that 2800lph will make it into the tank!

So the Resun arrived today and it's huge!

Took an absolute age to prime the old fashioned way but really that's the only criticism.

The flow rate is meant to be 2800lph and I wouldn't be surprised if it's putting out an amount quite close to that... Easily the most powerful canister filter I've seen working and maybe too much to be coming out of a JBL wide outlet!

Just a couple of pics below showing the size of this thing compared to a Sunsun 704b...
DSC_0462.JPG
DSC_0463.JPG

interested to see how much of that 2800lph will make it into the tank!

This probably will be significantly reduced, depending on several factors, such as density of the used media that slowly cloggs and reduces flow. The tube diamter, lenght, height, bends. spray bar (number and size of the holes), nozzle or lily pipe. All that can significantly impact through flow.

2800l/h given by te pumps manufaturer is in absolute ideal circumatances. :) in reality it only can go down.

Also notice this myself easily with the use of a sump and a fixed capacity overflow. If i connect my spray bar all runs ok.. If i connect a duckbill nozzle on the same pump i will flood the tank the overflows can't take it and i need to reduce pump speed. Never measured it, but by the looks of it, the spraybar reduces the through flow by 30% in comparance with a dickbill.. :)

Back