• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Request for UKAPS guests on my YouTube channel

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi all,

I'm looking at creating more UK-based content featuring fellow hobbyists that are comfortable to share their aquariums and stories.

You don't have to have the highest-end equipment or have the fanciest aquascape. I'm more interested in telling engaging stories that my audience will hopefully find a mixture of being educational, inspirational and entertaining.

If you're interested, and comfortable letting others know you're interested, then please post some recent photos of your tank below, and a short paragraph about you and your hobby.

Thanks in advance!
George

Last edited:
Hey George,

This sounds like a great idea. I'm always so intrigued to see what other hobbyists are brewing away in their homes. Some of them are creating masterpieces in silence!

I'm interested in this, I've put some recent pictures below (excuse one has just been trimmed and both recently rescaped).

Without sounding too cliché fish have always been in my life in some fashion. I kept Triops (the little prehistoric creatures) and goldfish before I could even walk home on my own . It wasn't until I was about 15 my Dad got deep into fish breeding and passed his old tank onto me.

I saw a picture of an Amano scape online and I showed my brother - we just sat there flicking through in awe. I thought I have to do this, this is incredible. I've kept at most 4 tanks at once but that's only because of space, now I'm down to a comfortable 2.

Anyways here are my current pride and joys;
F8D78CD0-F10C-40ED-98CD-73FB8C24D96D.jpeg

4ft Jungle Inspired Scape
D3C532B5-7165-48FB-AA28-60F18300229F.jpeg

Repurposed Superfish Home 25 - nature inspired.

Courtney :)

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea George.

This sounds like a great Idea George!
I am currently a young teenager and have been keeping fish since I was 8 or so. Though some of my setups in the past Have been morally questionable, I feel I have grown as a hobbyist in the past years. I've lived in many countries around the world (including Japan) and moving around has been very stressful. Keeping fish has definitely helped with that! A few years back I had the pleasure to visit the ADA gallery and since then I've always wanted a planted aquarium. Here it is!
IMG_9374.JPG

Last edited:
Hi George
I got into the hobby only 2 years ago, I was going through some personal problems and a friend mentioned he was getting a Fluval Flex, and introduced me to the concept of planted tanks. Seemed like a good idea, I needed a project and a distraction, I've had 3 tanks in that time slowly upgrading and learning along the way.

I favour VERY low maintenance setups, I don't want to be pruning every week and I prefer minimal clutter in the tank. My tank is a Juwel Rio 125, still using the internal filter and stock light unit. I've added co2 and modified a surface skimmer to fit inside the filter body. Juwel setups don't seem to get much exposure which is a shame.

PXL_20210508_190116106.jpg

PXL_20210508_190124526.jpg

hi,
I first saw planted tanks from you in PFK, I got it when I was 10. That's when I started watching you on youtube. Since then I've gradually became more interested in plants rather than aquascaping. I feel like I've changed alot in the 7 years I've kept fish/plants.
Here's some pics of my tanks... a mess haha (A levels are my excuse)

Attachments

• DSC_1514.JPG
    DSC_1514.JPG
    9.7 MB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1553.JPG
    DSC_1553.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 123
  • DSC_1423.JPG
    DSC_1423.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0819.JPG
    DSC_0819.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 130
  • DSC_1261.JPG
    DSC_1261.JPG
    10.2 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Hi George,

This is a brilliant idea given the dreadful coverage recently on TV. And the stigma it being just middle men messing about and having a mid life crisis!!

I would definately be keen to learn and show case what I have achieved so far, I started keeping fish as with most of us from a kid, my dad being the main influence and a trip to fish shop was a great day out, watching khuli loach and neons swim about.

I was hooked and have always had fish/reptiles/pets every since. Lock down was an opportunity to get a nano and try planted aquaria out properly and see where the journey went... oct started with a 30cm nano cube, now have an additional 3 tanks, one for my son which I have recently scaped with easy grow plants and then a 230 litre planted tank which I continue to work on. My best achievement so far have been my planted nano. Would love to have the chance to discuss and grow from feedback and show case lessons learnt, that although the premium products are amazing and yes you get awesome results, a low tech set up can also be satisfying and a great boost for mental health reasons but a great hobby to enjoy without having to spend a fortune ( ironicly spend a fair bit on plants/fish but we won't tell the wife that bit) 🙈👍🤣
IMG_20210509_210351_779.jpg
IMG_20210512_104049_030.jpg
IMG_20210409_093821_444.jpg
20210415_170610.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_180200_276.jpg
    IMG_20210508_180200_276.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 113
Back