• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reputable Co2 off the shelf kit.

Franks

Hi all, I'm after a recommended off the shelf solenoid controlled regulator Co2 kit.

Ive got a 2kg Co2 extinguisher as my source.

Nearly hitting the buy button on the co2art or co2supermarket 300l kit which both come with everything I supposedly need including bazooka atomiser.

Are these kits well recommended and trouble free?

I'm currently dosing 5ml of liquid Co2 and 5ml of Lush Max complete dry fert daily and run a single T5HO 24watt bulb 20 inch from the substrate for 8hours daily in my 155l Fluval Osaka tank. Things seem to be coming along nicely since I've upped the dosages. Prior to this, my carpets always failed and nothing really flourished.

I want the plants to go crazy and pearl hence the addition of gas. Would also adding in my second T5HO bulb but lowering the photoperiod help things?

Thanks

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

24W over 155litre is 24W over 40US gallons, is about 0.5W per gallon, which is definitely low light, you will struggle to get carpets and any pearling at that level.

What is your filter turn over, high tech you will be looking at least 1500litre/hour.

The whole Fluval system is a well designed and spec'ed light, tank and filter where a beginner can't really go wrong, you will need some serious filter upgrading, light upgrading, CO2 upgrading and ferts upgrading if you want "crazy plants and pearling"

Thanks for the advice.
Last night I added the second 24w T5HO light so now it runs 48w. I adjusted the light timer to 7 hours (1pm-8pm) and 5ml fert/6ml lquid carbon are dosed around 8.30am daily. Glut half life is approx 11 hours, but I'm balancing work and home tank viewing pleasures. I'd guess I'm losing 25% of the glut dose before lights on.

I have a small led strip that I also installed into the stock light unit for those viewing hours outside of the main photoperiod. It gives off barely anything in terms of decent growth light, but is nice for late night viewing.

Filter is a SunSun 3 stage external turning over 1400lph and is arranged properly (inlet diffusion and then filtration) Tank temp is 26degC and I also have a wavemaker giving amazing gentle flow throughout the whole tank. (every inch sways)

Last night after a pwc and installing the Monte Carlo carpet, everything pearled up (I'd been working with both bulbs on for 2 hours)

Surface agitation is now good from the filter spraybar.
I've read that planted tanks should be well oxygenated with surface agitation and that lower levels circulating well will carry that oxygen around the tank.

I guess I just monitor that for the next week and see how things go.

Thanks

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Back