• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replacement filter pipes

steevwatson

Hi
I'm using a fluval 206 external on my tank. I got it second hand and the Pipes have seen better days. I'd like to replace them with something a bit better looking. I would like to use ones similar to these eheim ones
EHEIM 7272210 - 12mm INTAKE PIPE AQUARIUM FILTER | eBay but in black so they blend in with my background. I've looked all over the internet but can't find anywhere that has black ones. Does anyone know of anywhere selling black ones?

Thanks
Steve

If I remember rightly, JBL Cristalprofi range filters use black attachments. Eheim also do an "installation kit" which is a semi transparent dark colour which is ideal. Or Tetratec EX range use an opaque lighter set which is also worth a look :)

Ivr been searching for black pipe to and cant find any, the nearest ive found is the jbl hose which is a kind of see through black/ grey

Mark

A bit blue Peter, but could you spray with paint, or use a large black marker pen to darken the hose, not ideal I know0:)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4

I was actually just looking up aquarium safe paints I'm tempted to go down that road. Do you think the paint will stay on OK?

Thanks
Steve

Ive seen a tank on here somewhere with black hoses but I cant find it anywhere, I think but am not sure it was one of George farmers ?

If I remember rightly, JBL Cristalprofi range filters use black attachments. Eheim also do an "installation kit" which is a semi transparent dark colour which is ideal. Or Tetratec EX range use an opaque lighter set which is also worth a look :)

I'll have a look at them just now.

Thanks

Steve

You could always try this>>>>>>>>> 3m 9.8ft 20mm Dia. Heat Shrinkable Tube Shrink Black | eBay

hoggie
mPe0TdLWYohSoO0gs2LSDfw.jpg

;)....You could try using a hair dryer or dunk the whole tube in boiling water with the heat sink sheathed over the tube.
Its got to be boiling water though....best to use say 18mm less to contract....if your using 16mm OD tubing.
hoggie

I'm thinking I will go with the eheim installation kit but I do like the clean lines of the stock eheim pipes. If I can get a cheap secondhand set in the future I think I'll have a go with the black paint or heat shrink.

Thanks
Steve

Back