• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replace KH2PO4 ?

Most are fine if you can get 100g to dissolve in a litre, if it does not all dissolve it will remain a solid at the bottom of your dosing bottle and you will not reach your target ppms.

So for salts like CaSO4, CaCO3 and MgCO3 it is best to dose direct into tank if you use them, then al least if all the ions get used more just dissolve into water- however this can be an issue if your after reaching a specific hardness for RO water for specific shrimp/fish then you must be sure of your correct salts to achieve the hardness
@Zeus. Thanks for the explanation!

If your making a dosing solution, you really want salts that are highly soluble, so you can make a concentrated solution of 500ml to a couple of litres and dose 10 to 100ML a dose and reach your target ppm easy
View attachment 173002
Most are fine if you can get 100g to dissolve in a litre, if it does not all dissolve it will remain a solid at the bottom of your dosing bottle and you will not reach your target ppms.

So for salts like CaSO4, CaCO3 and MgCO3 it is best to dose direct into tank if you use them, then al least if all the ions get used more just dissolve into water- however this can be an issue if your after reaching a specific hardness for RO water for specific shrimp/fish then you must be sure of your correct salts to achieve the hardness
@Zeus, I was doing WC earlier this morning and used CaSO4 for the first time. 2 grams dissolved fine in my 5 gallon bucket - as it should given the 2.4 gr/L solubility limit... I remember back in the day when I used Equilibrium (before I switched to CaCl2 and now CaSO4) there were always a lot undissolved residue at the bottom of my 5 gl buckets, so that must have quite a low saturation point (I used to use about 8 gr of Equilibrium per bucket back then). Of course, when I would dump the residue in the tanks it would dissolve just fine.
Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Hello, I use daily 3.75 ml of tnc complete, I have a little bit of BBA, the cause seemed to be the co2 and the pump too weak, I modified all that. all the plants regain vigor, it's a good sign but this algae is tough, I have mineral salts, but I don't know how to copy the formula of tnc complete, any idea? thanks

here is what I have:

KH2PO4
KNO3
K₂SO₄
MgSO₄

Trace: Fe 7.48%; Mn 1.82%; Zn 1.16%; B 1.05%; Cu 0.23%; Mo 0.15%

I'm afraid of ei dosing because i'm afraid that going from tnc to ei will make bba worse :(

also, what if i miss a water change in EI ?

Back