• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Removing Juwel Internal Filter

russchilds

Hi,
Has anyone taken off the Juwel Internal filter? I want to remove my Juwel internal filter but it's really well siliconed in place. I can't get a knife down to loosen the silicon. What’s the best way to remove it? I was getting angry with it last night and the caveman method might break the glass :)
Cheers,
Russ

I did remove it a long time ago using a long cutter blade. I think there are 2 silicone points on either side, easily removed but you should consider cleaning the filter before removing if the aquarium is still in use. No need to heat it.

Cheers,
Mike

I used a kitchen knife and then cleaned up the silicone after with a stanley blade.

Took 5 minutes and less of a clutter without it.

i used a needle and some strong nylon thread. there were 5 point of silicone at the back, and i used the needle to pass the thread around the blobs and then used the thread as a saw by pulling it back an forth through the silicone. i cleaned up the back glass with a stanley blade as well..

Back