• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Removing Filter Pipes

Tankless

How do people remove the pipes connected to the inlet and outlet of the actual filter plus the inlet / outlet of the lily pipes. I'm looking to swap out my stainless steel pipes as the inlet sits 2 inches above the substrate to evolution aqua set. I also plan to swap to an inline diffuser to reduce the amount of tubing / wires etc going into the tank.

16377890962555517803708245484977.jpg

I use Eheim double taps on both of my filters.

Added to my buy list (I didn't know a quick release system existed), need to figure out to take the current bits off. I wonder if boiling hot water would damage the plastic part on the aquael filter.

Added to my buy list (I didn't know a quick release system existed), need to figure out to take the current bits off. I wonder if boiling hot water would damage the plastic part on the aquael filter.
I'm assuming you have wound the nut as far down away from the pipe as possible? If the pipe has been released but is stuck some heat could help. Boiling water is not hot enough to melt the plastic parts. I find you just need to have some patience and wiggling and they come free without the need to use anything else.

Yeah when I unscrew the nut, the pipes are stuck in place. I can't pull it off with force.

Push the pipes ON first so towards the filter to get the suction loose then twist and pull off. I always do this and works great 👍

Just checking; are you screwing the nut the right way? You wouldn't be the first to get it wrong, as you need to turn clockwise, which is counterintuitive. That tightens the nut onto the filter body and frees the hose.

Back