• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator/solenoid issue?

Kezzab

Any advice welcome please.
New gas bottle. Solenoid plugged in, i can hear it click on. Valve wide open. No gas coming through at all. Why?

Attachments

• 20200913_181944.jpg
    20200913_181944.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 163
What about without the solenoid, manual turn on via bottle, slowly? Least you'll then know if it's the regulator or solenoid.
Thanks
Just tried removing solenoid, but is that not the same as it being 'off?
Anyway, without solenoid, valve open, no gas.
????

Just tried removing solenoid, but is that not the same as it being 'off?
It’s the same is the solenoid being switched to open.
I’d also try removing the regulator from the bottle and again slowly open the valve on the bootle to listen if any gas escapes. If yes, you’ve narrowed it down to a regulator issue.

I had a similar issue and the release pin had dropped out of the adaptor.....i had to buy a spare one fro co2 supermarket

There should be some kind of pin that depresses I to the gas bottle when the reg is screwed on, that isn't depressing enough. Is there an adaptors between the regulator and the bottle?

If that was the case the meters would be zero. There is pressure. Pribably blockage in bubble counter / needle valve

Hmmmm, yes good call, was just about to hunt through my spares to see if still had one spare......are you able to remove the needle valve and see if you are getting co2 through the reg. If nothing comes out then it looks like it is the reg that is at fault.

Back