• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

regulator problems

naz

just got in tonight and changed my fe bottle,but i think iv over tightened the reg ,and broken it :( now the fe bottle is staying open all the time,when conected to the reg,there no leaks but ,if i push the handle to open the fe bottle, its open,if the bottle is shut close im still getting bubbles in the bubble counter at the same rate as when its open :crazy: very confusing,and the psi is not working at all just stays on zero,even if i turn the psi nob, and turn it right up....has anyone got any idears wot iv done :thumbdown:

Lee

I think the problem is with the Fe bottle because you have stated that it does not matter what you do with the handle on the FE as you are still seeing bubbles being emitted into the tank whether the FE handle is squeezed to or not - correct regarding my interuptation of your explanation.

Regards
paul.

Lee

I have just looked at one of my FE's - in the middle of the part brass piece (brass portion that you screw your reg onto, screws into the FE body and also has the handle) there is a pin, as you squeeze the handle, the moveable part of the handle pulls this pin up which release the gas - the pins has become detached from the moveable part handle, in other words your stuck with it until all your gas has been emitted from the bottle. DONT try and take the handle off because as soon as you remove the handle the pin will fly upwards like a cork for a champagne bottle, if it is a concern take the bottle outside + reg and open the needle valve to allow the gas to emit quicker thus emptying your FE.

Regards
paul.

Back