• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator Not Sealing

Axyadbad

Seedling
This is my first time doing Co2 Injection. I've just tried connecting my regulator and its just leaking loads. I've tightened it a lot but it makes no difference. When I got the regulator a plastic (what I assume is a washer) and blue cap just fell out?

The regulator is from Co2 art.. anyone got any ideas what to do ? :(

Oh I did put the washer in..but it still leaked? Urgh I knew something would go wrong when I did this :/

What are you using as a gas bottle ? Fire extinguisher ? Is both the cylinder and regulator the same fitting ? Have you tried turning the washer around ?

I'm using a fire extinguisher, pretty sure they're the same connection, just standard UK fitting. I've tried it both ways round and it's exactly the same.. here a photo, if it'll help!

null_zps571d52cf.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys!

I can feel it coming out from below the joint bottle/reg joint. I may give them a ring tomorrow!

Haha you're dealing with a noob, but not quite that bad ;)

Sure here's the photo..

null_zps68a5d7d5.jpg

REAL PITA THIS!!

OOOOh dear. Why is life so hard?! :(

Gonna have to get in touch with them!

Yeah I've had a look at it and it is quite noticeable. Didn't even think of that. Gonna cost for delivery as well :( :(

Seriously guys, thanks for all the help. Co2 is just going to have to wait!!

Ptfe tape on the fe thread :)

Well it was definitely the FE.. got a new cannister today .. £32 quid for 5kg and tenner refill. And it's working now. Only thing is.. literally as I was putting all the pipes/ check valves together, the dog decided to go walk about with a pipe and smashed my diffuser.

Lets just say my patience is getting tested. :mad:

Ptfe tape on the fe thread :)

Well now I can try use that extinguisher as well. Thanks!! :)

Back