• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator issues.

justin85

I have just purchased a TMC V2 Pressure Regulator Pro with Solenoid Valve which I didnt know was fixed working pressure (oh well), I am using a up atomizer with it. Now my issue is, I cant seem to get the bps how I want them! when it first comes on I set it to 1 / 2 bps no problem but after about an hour, its hardly pushing out 1 bubble per 2/3 seconds! this is also being shown in my Co2 checker as its green (would like it yellow for the first week) anyways, so I opened the valve all the way and that seem to keep the bubbles coming about about 1 bubble per second ish, but I am wondering if U am doing something wrong here as I know lots of people use it with great results.

Any advice.

It's possible that the working pressure isn't high enough to work with the inline diffuser. Put the CO2 line in the tank without a diffuser on it, and see if it keeps a constant flow rate. If so, it's possible the atomizer is faulty, or you cannot achieve the required pressure. If it is the latter, I would recommend either swapping your regulator, or this: High flow DIY reactor - now with video | UK Aquatic Plant Society

The tmc v2 regs have a set working pressure and sometimes your hit and miss as to whether you get one set slightly higher than others.
If you want inline and have problems with the up then ebay 'boyu inline diffuser' they dont need high pressure and give a nice mist. Only 8.99 too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone used one of these or heard if there good or not?

Screenshot_2013-07-06-19-07-12_zpsf4f842da.png

The tmc v2 regs have a set working pressure and sometimes your hit and miss as to whether you get one set slightly higher than others.
If you want inline and have problems with the up then ebay 'boyu inline diffuser' they dont need high pressure and give a nice mist. Only 8.99 too

I couldn't find the one you was referring to, would you mind posting a link to one (16/22)

Yep heres one. You just take the bottom grill off its not needed and trim down the hose tails as these take 12/16 or 16/22 so the hose tail tapers down. If you dont cut it down youll reduce flow.

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=400129013242

I ordered one of these, but when I received it the hose size is to small and will reduce the flow so decided not to use it. the plants are growing and pearling so I guess even with the low bps its doing the job.

Back