• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reducing Lighting

johnny70

I have a fighter tank, separated into 4 bits for each fighter, got a journal here somewhere, its 24x12x2" and is currently lit by 2x24w T8 over tank luminaire, which is the only one I could find to fit, now to me thats a lot of light, photoperiod is 10hours a day. dosing homemade ferts and easycarbo. whats the best way to reduce the lighting, shorter photo period, take a lamp out???? starting to show the first signs of some algae, nothing serious(yet)

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
I have a fighter tank, separated into 4 bits for each fighter, got a journal here somewhere, its 24x12x2" and is currently lit by 2x24w T8 over tank luminaire, which is the only one I could find to fit, now to me thats a lot of light, photoperiod is 10hours a day. dosing homemade ferts and easycarbo. whats the best way to reduce the lighting, shorter photo period, take a lamp out???? starting to show the first signs of some algae, nothing serious(yet)

JOHNNY

I would remove a tube if you need to lower your light. Photoperiod looks fine to me. you have about 3wpg, which without high tech co2 and EI is going to cause you issues I would say. Halving your lighting is going to make life much easier for you.

Cheers guys, I did have only the one lamp connected until i noticed(about 3 weeks) :wideyed: I'll take a lamp out, I dont have any really demanding plants in there,

this is what i'm dosing

The first is made up using 500ml of water.
3tsp. Potassium Nitrate
1/2tsp Potassium Phosphate
1/2tsp GH Booster

The second is also made with 500ml of water.
1tsp CSM+B Trace.

Dosing 40ml of each mix on alternate days and 3ml easycarbo everyday

Thanks
JOHNNY

Back