• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recording Parameters

MarkS

Hi all :)

Not sure if this is in the correct section but here goes. Can anyone recommend a Mac compatible app / spreadsheet for recording parameters. I like the look of the Aquarimate service but wondered what others use.

I guess a simple spreadsheet and maintaining a thread in the journal section on here could be a good alternative.

Thanks

Mark

I have hyplants on my phone that isn't a bad app but doesn't appear to be as extensive as Aquarimate which I didn't know existed. I also use a spread sheet for certain things like tds so I can easily convert to a graph and look how things change over long term. I believe there's seneye stuff which monitors your water parameters and stores all the information online. You tend to find that there aren't many reliable ways of testing water parameters in this game other than ph and hardness so sometimes best not getting bogged down in numbers.

That seneye looks interesting.
I have one and it is useful (I mainly use it to check the temperature...). The downsides are that it needs to be plugged into a Windows PC (or their very expensive server) and you have to pay for the slides which are ~£20 for three months.

Compare this to a £35 testing kit which tests more... It is a gadget so depends on how much you like gadgets

I use aquarium note on android which stores details of tanks, livestock, plants and maintenance (reminds me every X weeks to clean filter, root tabs...)

This allows you to store parameters too

Much as I love a gadget that seneye server upfront cost the the ongoing cost of slides makes it a no go for me. Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't realised either point!

Took a look at the aquarium note, looks good but sadly I'm not on android.

Back