• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommendation for CO2 regulator with adjustable working pressure

TimT

I'm looking for a good quality regulator where you can adjust the working pressure. From what I can understand from various post there are many excellent dual stage [correction: dual gauge] regulators but most of them have a set working pressure? This can give some potential problems with reactors and other CO2 equipment that might require tweaking of the working pressure. A magnetic solenoid valve is optional as I already have that but I don't mind one that has that build in.

There seems to be consensus that Lunapet made good regulators with adjustable working pressure but they don't exists anymore. Others talk about either Dupla or JBL.

What are your recommendations?

Thanks!

Theres no dual stage aquatic regulators avaliable to my knowledge, theres a lot of dual gauge and this is where people get confused, dual stage regulators are most easily found for welding use but these need parts adding for aquarium use such as needle valve and solinoids, dual gauge single stage aquatic regulators that are adjustable are also rear and the only one that comes to mind is the up a-165

Mark

Thanks Mark! I have correct my post by crossing out stage so your reply still makes sense.

I had the Up A-165 in my sights but it is sold out :( Can't find any in the EU that sells them.

How about this one: http://www.aquaristik.de/shop/downloads/h80204.pdf ? (English on page two)

It looks like you can set the working pressure from 0 to 3 bar.

Looks like you beat me to it mark
EOTD is more of a problem when using larger cylinders because it happens over a much longer period of time. Single stage regs don't often accidentally gas fish when their used on fe's but a 45kg cylinder, EOTD would last 20 times longer than a 2kg fe

Thanks Big clown!

Just so I understand you correctly - will the UP a-165 or another regulator with an adjustable working pressure prevent EOTD or do you need a the 'real' dual stage regulator to prevent that?

Thanks!

I think ( but could be wrong) there adjustable up to 4.5 bar, it might be worth sending rich at aqua essential a message they used to sell them im sure he could point you in the right direction :)

The only way to 100% prevent eotd is a dual stage but eotd is not very commen and may never happen to you im currently running a cheap azoo regultor and have found 2 threads on an American forum about etod with the same reg but my cylinder ran empty with no eotd so I think its a bit of a hit and miss thing

Thanks Big clown!

Just so I understand you correctly - will the UP a-165 or another regulator with an adjustable working pressure prevent EOTD or do you need a the 'real' dual stage regulator to prevent that?

Thanks!
No it won't but you can turn the pressure down if/when it happens
If your going to spend £100 on a reg look into diy welding regs they can be built for a little bit more than that and can be upgraded later

A quick google search says that with the small screw fat full adjustment you get 2 bar output pressure, these regulators from what I can find have 2 manometers ( dennerles words ) so im guessing the first is the big hand turned knob and the second is the small screw, so in effect its got 2 needle valves

Hth

Mark

Back