• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommend a filter for 30litre low tech

Pinkmummy79

I've been reading all the existing posts on similar request and am hoping to set up a tank in the same way as Paulo:), I have no space where the tank is situated for an external, so am leaning towards either an internal with spray bar or what really interest me are the Eheim Liberty HOBs.
Having no experience of these I'm unsure if they will be suitable for low tech and which size would be best? 2040, 2041 or 2042?
I know Darrel rates these and have read his previous posts too which has helped me so far, I'm open to any suggestions though;)
Thanks for reading
Clive

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4

Cheers all, I really like the way Paulo has ferns growing emersed inside his hob filter, this would give me as much pleasure as succeeding with the tank itself:) so if I went for the liberty hob in 2041 sizing and turned down the flow this would be a good option?
I also like the eheim aquaball with spray bar, again which size do you think I would be best getting, I think it's between these two, I have loads of sintered glass already seeded in one of my JBLe1501 filters in my main high tech, so once I sort which filter I can get cracking on this one:D

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4

Ok, so i've decided on the aquaball filter as i'd like to keep the glass lid on the tank which rules out the hob, just need to get the right size, I know the aquaball 45 will suffice being 380 lp/h but i'm leaning towards the 60 as it will give me slghtly more filtration and I plan on fitting a spray bar too, should the flow from the spray bar on my 30 litre nano be too strong I can always enlarge the holes in the spray bar slightly?
this will be a low tech planted tank with possibly a couple of dwarf puffers in so the added filtration will be of benefit.
I'm hoping someone can support my thinking that's all before I plough on and order the 60 size:)

thnks
Clive

I remember right the aquaball are adjustable flow through the control tap on the top of the filter so my advice would be go for the bigger one it will offer you more flexibility :)

Back