• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

recommend a co2 reg for 2 inlines

Dan-CR4

I want to run 2 inline diffusers from one regulator (using FE for co2). My one is set at 2 bar and is not adjustable. got no co2 getting through the diffusers. All i can think is the regulator is not good enough.

does anyone run 2 inlines from 1 regulator. if you do what regulator are you using.

thanks

I do not see the point in using 2 inline diffusers, 1 should be more than adequate unless your tank is 400L+.

What's your set up? How many filters?

It may be possible to increase the working pressure of your reg.
If there is a plastic bung in the middle of your reg...there will be a grub screw behind it.

I do not see the point in using 2 inline diffusers, 1 should be more than adequate unless your tank is 400L+.

What's your set up? How many filters?

I got a 266 litre tank, but I run two eheim 2073 filters. The reason for 2 inlines is that each filter works either side of the tank (see image below), so if I only have one inline, I am thinking one side of the tank would have higher co2 levels, If im wrong then maybe i could use just one inline. The main reason for running two filters is more to do with adding a bit more flow and also as a backup if one fails. If I run one long spray bar along the back wall from one filter the flow is terrible.

ZBybko.jpg

Well, lets say that your diffuser is attached to the output on the left, all you need to do is put a DC on the right side, and adjust CO2 until you get it the right colour. Might be an idea to have the output of filter 1 and the input of filter 2 on the left side, vice versa for the right side.

Last edited:
Yes , ibelieve you can up the output pressure with the blue knob on your regulator. I would up it to 3 bars and from there I would open the needle valve slowly until bubbles are seen. You might also have a leach somewhere, thus no co2 can go through the diffuser.

I think this is a good idea for bigger tanks and the mkre co2 difusers you have in a tank the better. But flow is just as important.

Another thing, do you have any check valves on your CO2 pipe? If so, these add to the pressure required to get CO2 into your diffuser. I think they are unnecessary with inline atomizers.

That is nothing compared to the pressure in your regulator. Have you tried blowi g through an atomizer? Anyway he can regulate hes output pressure so....

That is nothing compared to the pressure in your regulator. Have you tried blowi g through an atomizer? Anyway he can regulate hes output pressure so....

Put 2 check valves on your CO2 line and see what happens. The pressure will drop dramatically.

And no, I've never tried blowing through an atomizer as it would be an exercise in futility. He CANNOT regulate his output pressure; this is the problem. He does not own the regulator with the blue knob, that was suggested by another member.

Thanks for all the replies. Today I thought I would have a go at changing the FE, so I went and got two of my spare co2 FE bottles refilled. I get home put one on and its working, now not sure why the first bottle was not doing it as there is co2 still coming out of it, so its not empty, maybe its getting to low.

Back