• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recharging and storing purigen.

I think I'm about due recharging my purigen in the next week or two, due a filter clean so might as well kill two birds with one stone. How long do people leave it soaking in the one to one bleach solution for? Thinking about maybe buying another bag rather than breaking the filter down again just to put the purigen back in. I saw another post saying that if you don't put it back in straight away you can store it in clean water but not sure of the timescale involved. Do you think it would be Ok for a couple of months? That's how long a bag seems to last for me.

regenerate by soaking in a 1 to 1 bleach and water solution for 24 hours in a plastic container

Yeah I've got that bit mate. Just wondering how to store it if I leave it out the tank for a while.

store it in a plastic container with enough water to keep it moist

Ok bud cheers. I don't suppose you know how long it's good for? I suppose indefinitely really, sitting in a tub of clean water would be no different to sitting in the tank I guess.

i dont mate i will have a check a bout and see what i can find out for you except in a jar or glass of fresh water there is nothing for it to pick up

seachem say it should last several months like that some people are also storeing in the fridge as well i hope that is of some
help for you

am using Purigen but not at the recharging stage yet but it concerns me that i might not rinse all the bleach solution out properly before returning it to the filter and what the repurcussions of this may be .......

Back