• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rebirth (the end)

Re: Rebirth

Ady34 said:
ianho said:
i know it gets a little boring lol, but here's a little short vid of various bits around the tank. View in 720p!

Never boring Ian.
CPDs for this tank i see, i thought theyd have been for the nano.
Looking great.
Ady.

I second that. I could look at your tanks, and Marks, and Georges, and a lot of others, ALL DAY ! lol. What on earth does CPD stand for ? Grr all these abbreviations .

Celestial Pearl Danios.

cheers guys, the CPD's ended up going in this tank. The nano was just to small. They don't take up a lot of room. They do have some character as well!

I have trimmed a little, and am thinking of ripping this down soom and having a go at an Iwagumi. I will have to get another light unit though, so it will be a month or so.

6736979291_2a6eed5c10.jpg
SONY DSC by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and

6736983541_5acc29ce01.jpg
SONY DSC by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

ianho said:
thinking of ripping this down soom and having a go at an Iwagumi. I will have to get another light unit though, so it will be a month or so.

ahh, shame, this is just filling in nicely now. :clap: Id like to see it continue for at least a couple more months and let the stems at the back develop further and the staurogyne at the left foreground really carpet and mix with that moss.
Looks so healthy, clean and crisp... but if youve got the itch.... youll have to scratch it!
Ady.

Cheers Ady, it may be a couple of months, due to needing another light unit. The T5 lights are a little more expensive. Cheers for the comment.

after much deliberation (and chats with Mark), i have decided to treat myself to a Cannon Eos 550d. It is a amazing camera!

I'm still practising with the settings as they are different to the Sony. I'm sorry if i OD the thread with pics over the next couple of day.

heres a pic

6756815429_2842f26d1b.jpg
cannon 550d by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and a short vid (needs to be viewed in 720 or above)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUiPIkdL ... e=youtu.be

Re: Rebirth (550d!)

Hey Ian congrats on your new purchase. It must be a magical camera as it seems to have removed all trace of WATER in that picture !!! Great image. And the video is cool too. Love your shrimp :) Remind me, whats the carpet plant right at the very front middle ??

cheers mate, i'm really please with the purchase.

the plants at the front from l to r are staurogyne repens, a mix of java moss and crimbo moss and then hygro angustifolia.

ianho said:
cheers mate, i'm really please with the purchase.

the plants at the front from l to r are staurogyne repens, a mix of java moss and crimbo moss and then hygro angustifolia.

Cool, its the mosses I was wondering about :) if you get the chance, have a look at my latest pic on my journal and let me know what you think about the Blyxaa, and whether to get more of it to carry on to the left all the way, or use something else :) And dont worry about OD'ing on images mate, Im sure I am not the only one who can look at great pics of awesome tanks all day long :)

Very nice Ian, like Stu says it's filled in nicely - Great photos too... that is next on my shopping list, a good camera, although I will need to do my research as I dont know anything about cameras or equipment o_O

Lovely scape and photography :thumbup:
The images look super sharp.

Cheers,
James

very nice images, cool video and even cooler scape Its really grown in nicely

Thanks Stu! Still trying to find my way around this camera, tis a little different to the Sony layout, but a much better camera.

Very nice Ian, like Stu says it's filled in nicely - Great photos too... that is next on my shopping list, a good camera, although I will need to do my research as I dont know anything about cameras or equipment

cheers Gary, the canon 550 is a good little camera. It was mark that finally persuaded me to get one. I wish i'd gone for a Canon in the first place.

Lovely tank, the moss carpet works pretty well nice video too

Thank you LD, i'm glad the moss has worked, i haven't had much luck with moss in old tanks.

Lovely scape and photography
The images look super sharp

Thank a lot James, still got to get some practise in to catch up with you guys!

heres a couple more pics (sorry)

have added some glasswear

6761457749_ae53f74b90.jpg
glass by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and a couple of the CPD's

6761462157_a9471f15a5.jpg
cpd1 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6761455049_bd8efcd8c3.jpg
cpd2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

STOP apologising for the pictures. How many threads do you look at and there is zilch. Its the pics that make it worth reading (IMHO). Mind you, your photography shows most of us up, and your plants look way to bloomin healthy and perfect, so yeah. No more pics !!! hahaha. Love those CPD's and my God your water looks as non existent as Mark's ! Best get my skates on and plant the rest of my tank... :?

this is probably my favourite tank on here it will be a real shame when you tear it down, i wish i could take it off your hands lol its so beautiful and healthy looking

@ Chris, thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated!

@ Creg, wow, that is a really nice thing to say! I think it's be going for a short while still as i have the missus birthday to shell out for this month...

I baggsie the plants when you tear it down :p hehe. I think you should do some proper photo shoot images and stick them up as available for stock photos somewhere. I agree with creg, the tank is fantastic. Is it florabase you have used as the only substrate ? (Sorry I can't remember and am feeling too lazy to go back and check)

Back