• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reactor help

Sacul

Hello
After playing around with my inline diffuser and getting the PH drop that I wanted, I've decided I can't deal with the micro bubbles everywhere and being in the lounge I just can't enjoy it as I once did and having an hour in the evening just isn't enough.

I went and bought a Sera active reactor 500 and swapped out the inline diffuser.

I know it's not the best reactor from some of the reviews but I want to start somewhere! I haven't had any problems swapping it over, nothing snapped, no leaks. There is a bit of noise from the impeller bit, like a clicking noise as it spins. I'm not too worried about that as its pretty quiet when the doors shut.

The problem I'm having is still getting micro bubbles in the tank, no where near as many as with the diffuser. Maybe 90% less. If I shine a light under the reactor I can see the micro bubbles spinning down the reactor and being pulling into the tube. I thought the whole idea is that didn't happen? Am I missing something?

The other thing is what working pressure should it be at? The inline diffuser was at 40psi but can't find any information on what the reactor should be at.

Any help would be great!

Thank you

The problem I'm having is still getting micro bubbles in the tank, no where near as many as with the diffuser. Maybe 90% less. If I shine a light under the reactor I can see the micro bubbles spinning down the reactor and being pulling into the tube. I thought the whole idea is that didn't happen? Am I missing something?
One of the troubles with reactors and inline diffusors is that the micro bubbles can get though, reduce flow though reactor will help reduce this by fitting a bypass with valve or use differ which has bigger bubbles.
Small bubbles do get the faster CO2 uptake. Bigger bubbles benefit from swirling vortex in reactor which helps improve CO2 uptake and creates more noise.
I used a bypass with my DIY CO2 reactors and low flow, one big CO2 bubble and they/it was near silent

I used a bypass with my DIY CO2 reactors and low flow, one big CO2 bubble and they/it was near silent
Oh how did you make your DIY reactor and bypass? I would be interested in doing that.

Back