• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-start - transfer plants or no?

igirisujin

Hello,

I currently have a Mini M set up with an ONF Nano light (9 hours between 50%-80% intensity), Eheim Ecco Pro filter and a FE CO2 kit at 1bps through an ADA music glass. I'm dosing 2ml TNC Complete per week, and changing 70%+ water per week. Water flow seems decent around tank.

I've had real issues with very heavy sediment buildup and very fast-growing BGA, and haven't been able to shift it. It's the first time I've had this problem in years of aquascaping. (BBA was my nemesis in Japan!)
I've varied my level of ferts (and periods of no N/P), tried weeks of lower lighting and removed plants that didn't survive (Staurogyne, Rotalas, H. pinnatifida). These are all plants I've had success with in the past.

I don't understand what's going wrong, and the only thing I haven't changed is the substrate. I've got to the point where I'm wondering if it's worth restarting, but I don't want to throw away the large amount of Bucephalandra that has grown, against the odds. It's not doing terribly, but quickly gets covered in BGA each week, before I siphon it off again. If I re-use these in the new setup, will I transfer anything unhelpful, or can I just give them a good rinse and put them in? Can I dip them in anything to kill off the algae before re-using them?

Thank you!

Back