• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re homing Angel

Goose157

hi all,
Well after being reminded my angel is too big for its tank and only have the tank it’s in my options are to say the least limited....
Though I am gathering equipment for a bigger tank (hopefully around July I get a bonus from work that should get a decent tank) I feel I should consider what options I have with re homing the angel...
Would a lfs take the fish or should I hang on till summer or perhaps I should give to a ‘good’ home If possible???
Any thought on this ??
Cheers

I need to ask around this weekend... I do have some friends that have larger tanks.... so this is an option .... I think deep down I don’t want my oldest fish to go... but I do now realise it’s in the fishes best interests to be correctly housed....
thanks for the reply
Chris

I need to ask around this weekend... I do have some friends that have larger tanks.... so this is an option .... I think deep down I don’t want my oldest fish to go... but I do now realise it’s in the fishes best interests to be correctly housed....
thanks for the reply
Chris

if he's healthy, I'd hold onto him for now, what size of tank are we talking?

I am looking at a minimum along the lines of an aquascaper 900 - though I would like the 1200 or equivalent money and wife permitting!
The angel is healthy - and friendly- take sflake from my fingers... also seems to recognise me... so would be sad to let go... but I feel between a rock and a hard place!
Cheers

I am looking at a minimum along the lines of an aquascaper 900 - though I would like the 1200 or equivalent money and wife permitting!
The angel is healthy - and friendly- take sflake from my fingers... also seems to recognise me... so would be sad to let go... but I feel between a rock and a hard place!
Cheers

I see, but I meant what size is the angel currently in :)

Honestly, if it's only a couple of months, I'd hold onto him, or even buy a large tub from B&Q for cheap, they do some really huge ones that would more than easily house an angel until you can upgrade him properly

If you're planning a tank big enough to hold him, and able to keep the water in the current tank in good condition (it's just a lack of space) I'd keep him for the upgrade.

If you do want to rehome, there are quite a lot of local/county fish facebook groups. I recently rehomed a large clown loach through one. We'd taken it in from someone else who was closing a tank, but didn't have space to give it the appropriate facilities long term. Found someone with an 8' tank and a shoal of friends - even got some update photos a few weeks later of how he'd settled in. You obviously need to be picky about who you pass them on to, but it can be a good source of contacts.

Excellent info thanks.... if I did give to new owner I would like to know that they would take good care....
Cheers

Unless you've got a lot of other fish in there 20 gallons will be enough, as long as your filtration and water changes are keeping the water OK.

To be honest it’s massively over filtered (jbl 1902) at the moment.....the filter was bought as part of the kit needed for my next tank...and thought I may as well get it mature....and i yes i am quite ocd about the weekly 50%....
I do think its too small, even though all the fish seem healthy....it would be great to have they extra bit of space!
Cheers
Chris

Back