• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-education.....

If you were thinking of replacing this tank, what would you replace it with?....

• Total voters
Hi all,
The leaf formation varies hugely, sometimes very serrated leaves, other times less so. I’m guessing this is down to environmental factors rather than different sub species? Does anybody know?
As far as we know it is just one species.

I've had a much <"smaller growing plant"> but I don't know what might happen with a bit more TLC.
amano has a similar tank in this 'complete works' followed by the comment that in order to get emeresed bolbitus it took the tank 4+ years..
There are some <"pictures of one of Amano's tanks"> with enormous emersed plants.

This was one of @hydrophyte's grown on a raft.

9-xi-09-epi-trellis-raft-bolbitis-iii-s-jpg.jpg

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
I must have missed that despite reading your whole journal - so you have no soil in the scape at all then?
Nope, none :D

Thanks Tim and Jayefc1,
I’m really pleased with how the tank has changed in the last two weeks since implementing some basic changes. The water has never been clearer than the past two days, the plants, fish and shrimps all look so much more vibrant and im actually watching the tank again.
Happy days in such unprecedented times. This hobby is a good one for the soul.

stay safe everyone.

cheerio,
Ady.

Just went through your whole thread Ady, really stunning setup. Such lush growth for mostly epiphyte scape, really filled out nicely. However that video Tim edited, that music sounds like it’s from an 80’s inappropriate adult film :lol:

Just went through your whole thread Ady, really stunning setup. Such lush growth for mostly epiphyte scape, really filled out nicely. However that video Tim edited, that music sounds like it’s from an 80’s inappropriate adult film :lol:
Thanks and that made me chuckle, I can’t un-hear that now :lol::lol:

What’s next?.......
E2AB2DE9-83B1-48EC-B3A8-EACBC2FD4D22.jpeg

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooo.... you have to be fooling us. Nope I’ve decided you definately are... I couldn’t cope with that on top of everything else...

No way is it empty really omg
I cant even bring myself to.press the like.button lol
Nice april fools :D
Ohhh you ********
Nooooooooooooo.... you have to be fooling us. Nope I’ve decided you definately are... I couldn’t cope with that on top of everything else...
Ha - date on the photo is Nov 18!!!! We are saved!
Lol got me there for a second ‘til I remembered the date! :lol::clap:
:D:p:D
you got it. open the photo, there is a hidden message on the cabinet :wave::cigar:

happy April fools day ;)

Last edited:
Back