• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

RCS with TNC Complete

Kronnie

I have a batch of RCS waiting to be added to my plant tank. I am fertilizing with TNC Complete which has a trace element of copper listed in the ingredients. Will this be fatal to the shrimp? I am doing two 30% water changes per week

Thanks

I have a batch of RCS waiting to be added to my plant tank. I am fertilizing with TNC Complete which has a trace element of copper listed in the ingredients. Will this be fatal to the shrimp? I am doing two 30% water changes per week
No, it is fine, the levels in ferts are OK for shrimp.

Edit: I have been looking for any actual research into what levels are toxic but there doesn't appear to be a great amount of research. However things I have read do seem to largely agree. Seachem say that shrimp will start to get stressed at 0.03 ppm (so presumably toxicity is higher). If you look at the Rotala calculators (now conveniently on UKAPS) says a standard dose of TNC complete adds 0.002 ppm

Last edited:
Back