• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rasbora harlequin vs Neon tetra

Hi guys. As my tank eventually gets matured I'll be adding fish in nearest future. My choice will either be a school of neon tetras or rasbora harlequin. What sre your thoughts about it? Which one Should I go for and why. Thanks.

Whatever you like the look of.
Id say harlequins are a tougher fish but it is entirely up to you :)

If it's an open top tank, as the guys have said, you'll end up with a diminished shoal in no time flat if you choose Harlequins. Neons on the other hand should be fine, I've not lost one in my open top low-energy, Cryptic Haven.

Cheers guys. Yes, my tank is open and never heard about jumping harlequins so thanks for letting me know. I really like them and thought they will school better than neons but if that's the case I think I'll have to go for neons. How high could they possibly jump as my tank is not filled up right to the rim? I've got like 4 inch from water surfacecto the rim of the tank.

Back