• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vasteq

Hello. I am a breeder and lover of rare aquarium plants, mainly Bucephalandra. For many years I have been acquiring the most interesting varieties from other collectors from around the world. I would like to present you a gallery of my plants. I hope you like it.

Akatha „Dark”
An interesting variety that can compete with the amazing Semadang. It resembles it very much in color, shades, size and stiffness of the leaves. Only the shape of the leaves is more pointed.
DSC_0747-log.jpg

Brownie „Red-True”
Based on the color of the leaves, it should be called Brownie „Black-True”. Original from Mr. Nakamoto. I have never seen leaves so black. At the right angle, the black shimmers with a blue glow. This is the only time when the color of the leaves is lighter than black.
DSC_0683.jpg DSC_0711.jpg DSC_0730new2.jpg 22.jpg

„Black Skull”
If you like the dark look of the „Achilles” and the majestic look of the roundleaf „Emerald [East Borneo]” then you will love this variety. „Black Skull” is one of the most interesting proposals of recent years.
DSC_0532new2.jpg DSC_0525.jpg

Brownie „Ghost” 2011
One of the oldest, rarest and prettiest Bucephalandra species. The original one comes from NK (2011 year).
The amazing advantage of this variety is its outstanding colors. Under favorable conditions in the aquarium, new leaves appear with a bloody red color and older leaves take on a dark blue or purple color.
In addition to it, there is another similarly colored variety. Brownie „Red”. The difference between them is that „Ghost” has more slim leaves and „Red” has roundish leaves. As far as I know, the origin of the name is that this variety appeared at the beginning in one place, then disappeared and now it is difficult to find it in nature. It is said that it is found only in hobbyist aquariums.
5.newjpg.jpg 6new.jpg 37603757250_b0b0e481bd_o--neww.jpg 37829925522_df29999153_o--new.jpg DSC_0181new.jpg 4new.jpg

Hygrophila Difformis „White-Green”
There is also a rare variegated variety that grows fairly quickly under water. Imported by eastern collectors of rarities
Hygrophila-white2.jpg Hygrophila-white3.jpg

Ludwigia Sphaerocarpa „Mini
A slow-growing, dwarf variety of one of the most interesting Ludwiga. Slow growth under water makes it possible to obtain only a few cuttings per year. It grows low to the ground in Hightech aquariums, while in Lowtech aquariums it can be much taller, it is not as stunted and its growth rate is even slower. In good lighting conditions, it takes on red-orange colors.
DSC_0789-ew-4-fin.jpg DSC_0801.jpg DSC_0840.jpg

Anubias „Micro”
Personally, I think it's one of the smallest anubias I've ever met. It is an extremely resistant plant that can survive even in the harsh conditions of the aquarium. Its growth rate is extremely slow. Her origin is unknown. I got it from a collector in the Czech Republic who got it along with other anubias and this one grew differently and maintains its growth form for many years.
comp.jpg 1new.jpg 2new.jpg 3.jpg 4new.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7new.jpg 8.jpg 9new.jpg

Attachments

• 3new.jpg
    3new.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
WOW ! Really stunning plants :) One day I'll setup a tank to grow plants and not put my goldfish in it LOL

Have you ever tried to produce any seed from your absolute stunning collection of Buce? Or perhaps even looking at trying to produce some tissue culture specimens for the more stunning varieties.

Can I also say that I’m probably not the only person here who would love to see a pictorial guided tour of your setups!

:)

regular Ludwigia Sphaerocarpa is a slow enough grower, so if the mini grows even slower one will really need a lot of patience. :)

Have you ever tried to produce any seed from your absolute stunning collection of Buce?
I have yet to see any grower/farmer/plant grower do that here in Thailand or in Indonesia. They all propagate through splitting. I think it's just too time consuming considering the growth rate of Bucephalandara. This said TC is pretty common but has its drawbacks. Plants can mutate to the point where they do not always resemble the original mother plant in terms of colors and to some extent shape. This has been documented and observed by many specially with Brownie Ghost 2011 since it's a highly demanded plant with a high price tag. That's why I don't trade bucephalandra. I stick to 2 or 3 known sp. There is so much BS around this plant due to the nonsensical naming going on. There is A LOT of dishonesty in the trade of bucephalandra.

Last edited:
Back