• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rapid advice needed

Carpman

I am supposed to be planting new scape tonight, I discovered this last night, this mixture was made 6 days ago (I was planning on planting last sat) ratio 3.5-1 with de-ionised water
Can one tell me if this is normal Tnc complete ferts prepared for auto dosing after a few days it has settled with sediment? this is what happened when I stirred it up.
Please excuse the sound that was not supposed to be on lol.

Last edited:
This is what it looked like before I stirred it up and again this morning
Has this gone off?

Attachments

• 20181130_063928.jpg
    20181130_063928.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
Could have started going mouldy as you have diluted it and thus diluted any mould inhibiter. This has been seen a couple of times before with people over diluting the EI micro mix powder. You could add some potassium sorbate as mould inhibitor if you are diluting it.

Also micro mixes (usually the chelated elements part) is degraded by light so should be kept in a light fast bottle or darkened cupboard.

Could have started going mouldy as you have diluted it and thus diluted any mould inhibiter. This has been seen a couple of times before with people over diluting the EI micro mix powder. You could add some potassium sorbate as mould inhibitor if you are diluting it.

Also micro mixes (usually the chelated elements part) is degraded by light so should be kept in a light fast bottle or darkened cupboard.

My daily dose of TNC complete is 5.42ml, I added 30.58ml water, didn't even think about mould inhibiter. I think i read somewhere about when using an auto doser dose approx 30ml.

When you say over diluted, is there a recommendation to how much water you should use (bearing in mind I'm currently using a pre-mix aio fert)?

I did have running on holding tank dosing 20ml per day (= tnc 1ml and 19ml water) cant say I notice anything but it was a only mixed 150ml total whereas the above is 1500ml
I will try a mix of 1-1 and see what happens.

But just in case I have now ordered the Ei starter kit.

My TNC lite and complete separates and needs shaking between each use - the lite is the worst. Just in the original bottle not diluted.

When you say over diluted, is there a recommendation to how much water you should use (bearing in mind I'm currently using a pre-mix aio fert)?
No extra water. The pre-mix would have been mixed to a suitable strength to inhibit mould growth, adding more water could lead to trouble.

Why can't you just dose the correct amount on undiluted mix ? Doesn't need to be accurate within give or take +-5ml will be fine.

Back