• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rams in planted tank

Fred13

Hello,

I would like to try a pair of rams after my planted tank is established.

My question is, do they touch-harm plants?

Thank you

Hi Fred
The rams are plant safe.Kept a pair in my last high tech.Lovely fish with lots of personality.
Having said that.Make sure the tank is established well and U get them from a good source as they a bit finicky little fish.The ones that lasted longest with me were import from Holland.Try to avoid the import from Asia.
Regards Konsa

They are very soft natured fish. They will attempt to be voracious like their cichlid cousins by having a tug at your plants especially when courting but they will not cause any harm whatsoever ever! Genuine plant friendly fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you guys! Yes it seems that they don't harm plants but... I found a video that rams are behaving like taking small bites into moss. Maybe some food was inside here thats why.

From your experience i understand that i can get them after my tank is established 2-3 months old and they wont do anything to plants:)

Back